Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Living a Life Of Thanksgiving

Good Morning Everyone! 

One of my favorite pictures that I found on Pinterest!


     I hope you are all doing well, it's been a while since I have written a blog post. I am back and I am on break both from work and school. I know most of you are getting ready for family and Thanksgiving plans that will be taking place or have already taken place. I have another blog post in mind, but I cannot write it right now, the Lord has not stirred my spirit to write it yet. I wanted to hop on here and write about what a life of Thanksgiving is all about especially in this day and age. We have so much to be thankful for and though we take a day to remember to be thankful, we should be thankful every day. Before we move forward, I hope you have your cup of coffee or tea with you. I am drinking a sugar cookie latte and it is oh so good!

     Over the past month, I have been pondering on things that I am thankful for each day. I am thankful for every morning that I open my eyes, feel the warmth of the sun on my face, see my family every day, and go to work to see my kids every day. When we stop and think about the things we do have, we realize how much we really have in our lives. I am reminded of David when he wrote Psalm 23, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." What did David mean when he stated, "I shall not want?" David had a relationship with the Lord and he knew that if he had the Lord, that's all he needed. I want you to think with me for a moment, imagine a life without God... You may be like me, you do not even want to try to imagine a life without God.

    It's scary to think about and I know before my life without the Lord, I was a wreck until I received Jesus as my Lord and Savior. He turned my whole life around. This is one of the greatest things that I am thankful for, I am thankful that Jesus took me cleaned me up, and saved my life. He has been saving my life over and over again. Even though we live in a fallen world, we can still be thankful. No, this world is not perfect and it won't be until Jesus comes back and rules and reigns as King. Until then, we are to live a life of Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful every day that we are given because we are not promised tomorrow. Every day is a gift from God, will we live each day giving Him glory or living for just ourselves? 

    Friends, I want you to have a Happy Thanksgiving. As you gather with family and loved ones, remember that we are all just a vapor and we are to never take life for granted. I pray that this post blesses you and encourages you today. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Until next time, Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment