Sunday, December 17, 2023

Jesus Is Jewish

 Good morning friends!

Image- mine

      I hope you are all doing well, I am well. I have officially finished the first semester of school and now we are about to begin Christmas break in a couple of days. My students and I are both ready for a much-needed break. They are very antsy and the next couple of days are going to be filled with fun activities before we leave. My family and I celebrated my 33rd birthday, oh it doesn't seem real. This birthday was filled with surprises and I am thankful. Today's blog post has been on my heart for over a month now and I believe it is time to write it. I have been seeing and hearing a lot about Jesus is not Jewish, He is Palestinian. This alarms me a bit because if you do not know your bible very well, this word could be believable. In the word of God, there are lineages all throughout Scripture proving that Jesus is Jewish. Now, dear friends, I want you to know the truth and not be deceived by the words of men. Now before we begin, I hope you have your cup of coffee or tea with you. I am drinking a sugar cookie latte and it is very delicious! Let's begin!

                Jesus is Jewish and it all starts at the very beginning when God chose Abraham. Abraham came out of the country of Ur which would be modern-day Turkey. God called Abraham out of every person in the world to come out of his land and leave everything behind and follow the Lord God Almighty. The Lord was looking for someone to bless and He chose Abraham. He made a covenant with Abraham and through Abraham, we are blessed. We are his descendants because God told Abraham that He would make him a father of many nations. From Abraham, we have his son Isaac, and then from Isaac, Jacob. Jacob had twelve sons which represent the twelve tribes of Israel. You can read all of this in the first book of the Bible which is Genesis. Then we come to Moses, the great patriarch. Then as we do through the Bible, we come to Jesse and his son David. Then we come to the New Testament which once again gives the lineage of Jesus. In the book of Matthew, we are given a list of names of all who are the ancestors of Jesus. 

               They are Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah, and his two sons with Tamar. Then we go on to Boaz, Boaz married Ruth and had Obed. Obed has a son named Jesse. Jesse has a son named David who becomes king. David then has King Solomon by Bathsheba. Then we go a little further to Jehoshaphat then Uzziah, Hezekiah, Manasseh, Josiah, Zadok the priest then Joseph Mary's husband, and Mary has Jesus, the Son of God. If you want to read the whole lineage of Jesus, you can find it in Matthew chapter 1 verses 1-17. As you can see this whole lineage started with our forefather Abraham and went down to Jesus. In Revelation chapter 5 verse 5, we see again the Lord speaking about Jesus. He is called, "The Lion of the Tribe of Judah." The tribe of Judah is Jewish. Friends, whether you want to admit it or not, we serve a Jewish God and as I have stated in previous blog posts, we are considered spiritually Jewish because we serve the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The same God that the Jews serve. If it hadn't been for the Jews, we would have no Jesus, no savior. It is because of the Jews, we have the Bible, we have a savior, and we have the love of the Father. We are grafted into the family of God and the family of God is Jew and Gentile. 

            So, with that being said my friends, I pray that this blog post blesses you and enlightens you. There is indeed coming an end time deception, as it is written in the Bible. How do we keep ourselves from being deceived? We read the word of God for the word of God is light to our path and a safeguard for us. We must remain vigilant during these times and in the future because there will be deceptions concerning the word of God. I pray that the Lord blesses you and keeps you. Until next time. Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment