Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Perseverance in the Face of Opposition

 Hello Everyone!

Image- Pinterest


I hope you are all doing well and you are having a good week. I am doing well, I wanted to hop on here and share something that the Lord has placed on my heart this morning. So many of us face opposition over time that sometimes it can feel overwhelming. Well if you are like me and you feel like you cannot take another hit, let me share with you what the Lord spoke to my heart today. Before we begin, I hope you have your favorite cup of coffee or tea with you. I am drinking my caramel cream latte this morning and it is oh so good! Let's begin!

Yesterday evening, I was trying to get started with some assignments for the week. As I was typing away on my notes, I hear a ding on my computer. It was an email about one of my assignements being graded. So I clicked on grades to see what I had gotten and to my surprise, I hadn't done too well on it. I was shocked for a moment and I thought what did I not do right on this assignment? I went in and looked under teacher notes and she told me that I had not finished the assignment. I thought hmmm, okay, I misunderstood the directions I guess. So I went back and reread the directions and sure enough, I misread the directions. I emailed her and explained to her that I had done something wrong and that I misread the directions and by the grace of God, she is allowing me to redo this assignment. 

Friends, I must confess that I have a tendency to beat myself up from time to time especially when I didn't do something right and can I tell you the enemy was trying to get me down last night. I finally had to give it to God and ask Him to help me do better on this assignment. I woke up this morning and I could hear in my spirit the words, "Perseverance in the face of opposition." Friends, we cannot let something get us down and keep us down. We have to shake the dust from our feet and keep moving. I could have easily wallowed in my own pity and beat myself internally, but the Lord did not want me to do that. He wants me to get back up and try again. This is part of perseverance, it means to keep trying and not give up. 

Friends, if you are faced with some opposition today, do not allow it to get you down, keep trying and do not give up. God is with us and He will help us in the face of opposition just as He did with the Israelites. They were facing the red sea and didn't know where to go, but God had a plan. He would part the red sea so that they could go across. When Israel had to fight armies that were bigger than them, God always had a plan and they would come out on top. No matter what you are facing today, if God is on your side, you are going to come out on top! I pray that this has encouraged you today. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Shalom, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment