Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Our Brokenness Can Be Used For God's Glory

Good Morning Everyone!

Image- Pinterest


     I hope you are all having  good week so far, mine has been busy. I just started class to finish up my teaching degree and I just got back home from a trip to Missouri. I got to see the Esther play and it was such a wonderful experience! I wanted to pop on here and share something that the Lord has put on my heart this morning. I was reading out one of my devotionals and the word brokenness leaped off the page at me. The Lord brought a particular passage to me about brokenness. Before we begin, I hope you have your favorite cup of coffee or tea with you. I am drinking a caramel latte this morning. Let's begin!

    In Matthew chapter 26 verses 6 through 13, we find that Jesus was in a place called Bethany. A woman came to Him with an alabaster jar of expensive perfume. She broke the alabaster jar and poured it out upon His head as He sat down at the table. The disciples saw this and said, "Why did she waste this?" "This perfume could have been sold and the money given to the poor." Jesus then replied, "Why are you bothering this woman, she has done a beautiful thing for Me." "She did it to prepare Me for My burial." 

In those days, they didn't have the perfume bottles that squirt out just a little perfume, no the box of perfume had to be broken. Once she broke it, she poured it all out for Him. She took her most prized, her most costly possession and gave it to Him. She came to Him willingly, no one forced her to come. She came on her own and did what was in her heart to do for the glory of God. Sometimes in life, we can become so broken that we come to Jesus to be poured out. God can take our brokenness and use it for His glory. 

    Sometimes, we may think that we are too broken to come to Him, but know that this is a lie. He made us and created us and if He created us in our mother's wombs, then He can put us back together when we are broken. You may say, but I don't have anything to give. Oh yes you do, give yourself to God and He will use your brokenness for His glory. He will put you back together in front of those who broke you. Let Him do the mending and the fixing. Give Him all your broken pieces, give Him your disappointments, your broken heart, your wounds and He will restore you as if nothing ever happened. People will look at you and think they don't look as if they have gone through any hardships in life. This will give you the opportunity to tell your story, to tell about what the Lord has done for you and that He can do it for them too.

     I pray that you have been blessed and encouraged by this blog post. Know that you are enough and loved by the One who loves you most. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Shalom, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment