Friday, May 19, 2023

Bad Company Corrupts Good Morals

 Hello Friends!

Image- Pinterest


    Long time no see, I know it has been a while since I have last posted, but I wanted to hop on here and write a post that has been on my heart this week. I hope you are all doing well. Today is the first day of Summer break and I must say, I have been looking forward to it! A lot of changes have taken place at the beginning of this year, I have decided to finish my teaching degree and I am in a program that is going to help me finish and I am really excited about it! This morning, I would like to talk about what has been on my heart. The scripture, 1 Corinthians 15:33 has been on my heart especially yesterday. You know how you can read a scripture and it comes to life before your eyes? Well, that happened to me yesterday. Before we unfold the meaning of this scripture, I hope you have your cup of coffee or tea with you. Let's begin!

    Now, before I begin, I want to say that I am in no way trying to judge anyone of anything, but I am writing about my own personal experience this week and that the Lord will begin to work in our hearts through what we experience around us. In first Corinthians chapter 15 verse 33, it says, "Bad company corrupts good morals." One translation says, "bad character." Yesterday, I witnessed a coworker that at one time used to be polite, cordial, friendly, a godly person. Well over the years, that has changed little by little, I really saw it yesterday. Her character has been corrupted by bad company. Now corrupt means someone's integrity being distroyed by those who are depraved of their minds. Depraved has many meanings such as perverted, indecent, wicked, sinful, twisted, immoral, etc. The ones that are bad company have influenced her in a bad way. As I said earlier, I am not trying to condemn or judge anyone in any way, the Lord revealed to me this scripture in action yesterday and it spoke volumes to me. 

    They were sitting around the table and I was eating my lunch while watching my students yesterday play on the concrete and as soon as they began talking about other coworkers, I excused myself and brought my students back to the classroom with me. Friends, why am I telling you this? I believe the Lord wants us to know that we must be very careful about the company that we keep. Does the company we keep influence us in a good way or in a bad way? If it is in a bad way, we might need to pray and ask the Lord to send us some good influences to be our company. Like it or not, we can be easily influenced either for good or bad. It can hinder our walk with the Lord and open up the door for sin and evil to come into our lives. Proverbs 12:26 says, "The righteous choose their friends carefully." Oh friends, we must choose our friends ever so carefully. Jesus said, "We will know them by their fruits." The fruit that I saw yesterday wasn't good in fact, those fruits needed to be thrown out.

  Now does this mean we aren't nice or polite to them, no. We can be cordial and nice to others and show kindness because that's what we're supposed to do, but we cannot be in company with them. Eventually, their behavior will have influence on ours and destroy our character and integrity. I don't know about you, but my prayer has been, Lord, I want You to send good company around me that will influence my life in a good way, that will help me to grow in my relationship with You. Friends, I pray that this post has encouaged you and that you are blessed my this revelation. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Shalom, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment