Sunday, January 29, 2023

The Lord Just Wants Us

Good Morning Dear Friends!

Image- mine

     I hope you are all doing well! The Lord has placed something on my heart that I would like to share with you. I am sitting in my bed typing while listening to the rain pitter pattering on my window and I have to say, it's one of the best sounds to me. I love being at home to hear the rain, it's such a peaceful sound and it's a reminder to me that the Lord will provide all of our needs according to His riches by Christ Jesus. Last night, I finished eating dinner and I felt a strong tug of my heart to pray and seek the Lord. I came in this room and knelt down by the window and began praying. I started speaking in tongues or the language of the Holy Spirit and out of my mouth, these words came forth, "Lord, what is it that You want from me?" I was stunned that I said those words, I became very quiet and then the Lord began speaking to my heart.

     He said, "I just want you." Tears began to flow down my face and all I could think about is, Lord, I don't have much to give you." Think about it, what do you give the Lord who owns everything? The only thing we can give is ourselves. He spoke to my heart about pleasing Him. I heard those words again this morning. He reminded me of the story of Esther which is one of my favorite books in the Bible. Esther who was Hadassah before she became Esther was an average girl. She wasn't born into royalty, but God elevated her to become queen to save the Jewish nation. She tried to change her identity, but she couldn't remain hidden for long, she had to reveal that she was a Jew and she had to take a stand for her people even though her life was on the line. 

   She had to what pleased the Lord and because she stood up for her people, God honored her. The Lord only wants us and He wants us to please Him. How do we please Him? By reading His precious word every day, by praying and communicating with Him every day. Making choices to honor and please Him. Living a life that is pleasing to Him by saying words that would honor and please Him, our actions should line up with His word, thoughts that are pleasing to Him. What would bring Him honor? By praising and thanking Him everyday no matter what we are going through in this life. When we are going through difficulties or problems in this life and it's hard to praise Him, that's when it becomes a true sacrifice. We forsake our emotions and praise Him anyway.

   God has truly blessed me and He keeps on blessing me even when the going gets tough. So, one more time, I give myself to Him, I choose Him today. I want to live a life that is pleasing to Him, I want to delight myself in Him. I want to love Him with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind. Not every day is going to be perfect, I know that I will still fail Him at times, but if I repent and ask Him for help, He will help me. He will help get back up and try again. How about you? Have you given yourself to Him, are you wanting to live a life that is pleasing to Him? You can through Christ Jesus who gives you strength to do it. I pray that you are blessed by this post, I pray that it encourages you today. May the Lord bless and keep you. Shalom, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment