Saturday, February 11, 2023

God Uses All Things For Good

Good Morning Everyone!

Image- Pinterest


   I hope you have all been doing well! I am doing well and I wanted to share some exciting news that is going to lead into our topic for today. Yesterday, I had to teach my little ones because the teacher was out and I had a substitute teacher in the room who happened to be my Kindergarten teacher. I love her so much, she is so special to me! I'm sure you had a teacher or teachers that was your favorite when you were in school too. She was watching me teach the little ones yesterday and she asked me, "Why don't you go back and finish your degree in education?" Well little did she know, I had been praying for a few months now about if I should go back to school and finish my degree. So, as of yesterday, I applied for a teaching program for teacher's assistants to get a degree in education. Woo hoo! This brings me to the subject that we will be talking about today. Romans chapter 8 verse 28 says, "Furthermore, we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called in accordance with His purpose."

  Friends, I have to be honest, this has been a rough year for me. It has been so rough, I have wanted to quit and go work somewhere else. I have had to work with someone who isn't very kind to me and doesn't really know what she wants to do from day to day. I have asked the Lord, "Why" many times, but He has showed me time and time again and even yesterday, this is making me stronger and it has helped me to go back and finish my degree. God's ways are not our ways that is for sure, but He knows what He is doing. For example, I have had to step up and do things that the teacher would normally do. My coworker and I planned for the 101 days of school celebration, our Valentines day special treat that is going to take place this coming Tuesday and our little parade that we are going to have at the end of this month.

   It hasn't been easy, but I found out with God's help, I was able to do these things that I never thought I could do. It has been fun and it gave me confirmation that I can do these things, but the most wonderful part is that God was using all the bad things that I have had to go through this year for good. He took all the hurt, the pain, the confusion, the worries, all the bad, all the ugly and He is using it for good. I have been praising the Lord ever since yesterday when everything started falling into place. Does this mean that everything is going to go right from now on? No, I will still hit some bumps in the road, but God will be with me and use it for good. The last part of that scripture says, "Of those who love God and are called in accordance with His purpose."

  Friends, I can tell you that if you love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind and are called accordance with His purpose, He will use everything that you have had to go through and are going through and will go through for good. He loves us and He wants to strengthen us, to strengthen our faith. There were days when I didn't know what to do, I felt lost at times, but He has provided a way and He will do the same with you. Have my circumstances changed? No, they are still the same, but the Lord has given me hope and a road map and He has caused me to focus on Him. I reminded of the last episode of The Chosen in season 3, Simon and the disciples were in a boat in the middle of the storm. They were rowing so hard trying to make it to shore, but then Jesus appeared walking on the water. The disciples became frightened and Jesus spoke to them saying, "Do not be afraid, it is I." 

  Simon stood up and said, "If You are who You say You are, bid me to come to You?" Jesus told him to come and he stepped out walking on the water. Jesus told him, "Keep your eyes on Me." He kept his eyes on Him until he began looking around and began sinking in the water. Jesus reached out His hand and Simon grabbed it and held onto to Jesus. Friends, this is what we have to do, when the storm is getting rough and it seems like there's no way out, no use, be at peace, Jesus is on the way to walk out onto the waters and tell you to keep your eyes on Him. I pray that this post has encouraged you and helped you. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Shalom, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment