Wednesday, July 21, 2021

How Can You Prepare For Marriage As A Single Woman?

 Good Morning Friends!

Image-Google


      I hope everyone is doing well this week! I have a new blog post for you today and we are going to discuss how to prepare for  marriage when you are single. There are lots of tips, books, and information out there about how to prepare, but what does God say in His word about what we are supposed to be doing right now. God's word is filled with wisdom and what to do in this scenario and what to say, etc. Before we begin, I hope you have your cup of coffee or tea in hand, let's begin!

So how can we prepare for marriage? Well let's go over what marriage entails. Marriage is a lifelong commitment and also it's covenant. Marriage is sacred to God and should be to us. Marriage is selfless, which means you put your husband before yourself. You think of Him first before you think of you. Also if you want a marriage to last, you need to make sure your relationship is right with the Lord, you put Him first and foremost. You spend time with Him regularly everyday in prayer and studying your Bible. Remember, He is the one who will bring you and your husband together and He will keep both of you together if you keep God first in your life and marriage. Also take note that you and your husband are human which means you are both going to mess up or make the other person mad or angry from time to time. 

    You will have disagreements, but the best thing to do is not to assume that you are always right in a disagreement even if you know you are. This makes the situation worse so remember when you have a disagreement, please watch your words when you are angry. Words spoken in the heat of anger usually come back to bite and you can't take them back. Once they are spoken, the damage is done. Be kind to your husband, try not to say anything that you wouldn't want said to you. Over the years I have watched couples in my family or outside of my family talk about their marriages, some I have heard some wonderful things that have been said about their husbands and then others not so much. You often wondered if they even loved their husband. 

   When God brings your husband to you, remember that he is a gift from God and you read correctly, the words that I just wrote were, "When God brings your husband to you." You are not to be searching for a husband, yes mam, you heard me correctly. The Bible clearly states that, "The man who finds a wife finds a treasure and he receives favor from the Lord." Proverbs 18:22 A man pursues not the woman and before we go any further, don't think that every man that approaches you is the husband that God has chosen for you. The enemy knows that you are wanting marriage so he will send people your way and have you thinking that he is the one. Do not fall for this lie, I have been there, done that, and bought that t-shirt. The Lord was the one who revealed to me that He has chosen someone for me and He even told me his name and what he looks like. Do not underestimate what God can do for you, He is the King of kings, there is nothing too hard for Him. 

   Here are a few things to prepare for marriage: Number one, pray for your future husband. Every morning and sometimes throughout the day, I pray for mine. I ask God to help him in every area that He needs help in, to encourage him, to give him favor, and to bless and protect him. I also pray for his family because one day, they will be my family too, so I pray for their wellbeing, I ask God to bless and protect and help them in every way possible. I also ask God to help me to be a good wife to him, to develop a love and understanding for him. I also pray that God helps me to see past his flaws and see what God sees in him. As I have said before, you and your husband have flaws whether we admit or not. I know I have a lot of flaws, but God is still working on me, He will continue working on me till the day He calls me home. Maybe one of your flaws is you are not very organized or not a very good cook. It's okay, you can try to get better at those things during your preparation time for marriage. 

  Number two tip is you can prepare your heart for marriage by praying and studying scriptures that pertain to marriage. Take the scriptures concerning marriage and pray those scriptures over your life and yourself. God sees your heart and He knows that you want to be a good wife and He will help you. Also I find it interesting to watch a godly couple that you know very well such as a couple in your family. I like to watch how they interact with one another and also with other people. You can learn a lot by simply observing. If you don't know a godly couple, there's plenty in the Bible such as Ruth and Boaz, Mary and Joseph, Rebekah and Isaac, etc. We can learn from their experiences on how they treated one another. 

    Number three tip is be patient with yourself. You are not going to understand it all and be good at in one day or one week or even one month. Preparation takes time and over time with much practice, you will grow and understand the role of being a good, godly wife. Never be afraid or ashamed to ask God for help or ask other women in your family about tips for marriage. You might be surprised by their answers. You can even do a personal interview with that person and write down the questions and information they give you. God will give you the resources and wisdom you need to do what He is calling you to do! 

  So friends, I hope that this blog post has encouraged you and given you some insight into what marriage is about, I pray that God will help you during your preparation time. I know He is helping me in mine, it's not always easy to wait on your one and only to show up, but be assured that God will bring him when the time is right. Isaiah 60:22 says, "When the time is right, I the Lord will make it happen." So you need not worry about if it's going to happen or not, the Lord has given you a promise to hold onto and when the time is right, He will make it happen. Not you, but Him, when He does things, it is well done, there's no going back and tweaking this or that, everything falls into place when He is fulfills the promises. God bless you and keep you my friends. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment