Friday, May 14, 2021

The Power of Forgiveness

  Good Morning Friends!

Image- Pinterest

I hope everyone is doing well and has had a good week! This week has been super busy, we only have a couple of weeks before Summer starts. So I have been working on a few blog posts that will be coming soon, but the first one for today is called, "The Power of Forgiveness." The Lord gave me this revelatory word a few days ago and I want to share it with you. Before we dive in, I hope you have your hot cup of coffee or tea! 

Forgiveness is so important in our walk with God. It's God's will for us to forgive and if we do not forgive others, it will hinder our walk with the Lord. Jesus stressed the importance of forgiveness. The message translation says, "In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part." I will admit, I love this translation of scripture, it definitely breaks down for us what we're supposed to do and the consequences of our choice. ( I am writing another blog post called "God's part and our part.") 

This scripture is telling us that if we do not forgive the people that have wronged us in our lives then God will not forgive us and our relationship with Him will be cut off. This means, our closeness with God, our prayers will be hindered because of our disobedience to God's word. This is why this is so powerful because sin is such a crucial thing and if we don't ask God to forgive us of our sins and turn away from them, then our spiritual walk will be hindered. The enemy comes in and sees that we have made a mess and it makes it even bigger because He will come in telling his lies. We become spiritually crippled, but if we obey God's word and forgive that person then our relationship will remain stable. 

Now how do we truly forgive a person and how do we know we have forgiven them. My friends, when you have truly forgiven a person or persons, you no longer hold bitterness or anger in your heart toward them. You will see them differently with eyes of God's love. You will no longer be offended if someone brings that person up in a conversation or you see that person out somewhere. You will have no ill will toward that person. My friends, let me tell you, I have been hurt by several people in my short lifetime and God had to help me forgive those people. It wasn't easy by any means, but I knew I had to do it because it was keeping me in bondage. It was affecting my everyday life and my relationships with others. The enemy wants us to believe that if we stay mad at that person then it's giving us some kind of revenge, but it's not. It's ruining our lives and causing us to produce rotten fruit. Now who wants that kind of life? 

My friends, if someone has offended you in any way, I want to encourage you to ask God to help you forgive them. You will be so glad that you did because there is true power in forgiveness. It helps you to move on to the better things that God has for you. If you have experienced a situation that has caused hurt, rejection, anger, bitterness, and unforgiveness then I want to ask you, are you going to allow this situation to make you better or bitter? I hope your answer is better because with God, all things are possible. He knows your every hurt, pain, and what the cause was and He doesn't want you to live in defeat by being bitter. God wants you to thrive in this life not survive. We aren't called to survive, but to thrive. Are you thriving in the vine of Jesus or are you just barely hanging on? Make Him your top priority in life and He won't disappoint. My friends, I hope this post encourages and blesses you today! Make the decision to be better for the Lord, He will help you according to His will and word. May God bless you and keep you! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment