Thursday, April 8, 2021

The Lord Is My Shepherd

 Good Morning Everyone!


       I wanted to write a blog post before I go to work this morning. Before we start I hope you have your cup of coffee or tea. The last couple of days, I have been reading about the Lord being our provider. I couldn't help but write lots of notes and let me tell you something, He is truly our provider. When I used to hear the word provider, I honestly wouldn't think much about it, but God has revealed to me that He provides in all kinds of ways! So without further ado, let's jump in to find out what ways God provides. 

       Psalm chapter 23 verse 1 says, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." In one of my commentaries, the first part of the verse means to feed, to guide, and to shield me. The word Jehovah Jireh or Yahweh Yireh (Hebrew term) means the Lord will provide which simply means He goes ahead of us and prepares things in advance. When God told Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac, God was testing him to see whether or not he would obey His command. Before Abraham laid Isaac on the altar to sacrifice him, Isaac asked Abraham, "Where's the lamb?" Abraham told Isaac, "God will provide." Abraham believed that somehow, someway, God would provide a lamb instead of his son. As he was about to slaughter his son, God stopped him and said look over there in the bush, there is a ram caught in the bush, sacrifice the ram for Me. I can't even imagine how Abraham felt to know that God had provided for him. 

      Over and over again, we read in the Bible how God has provided for His children. The Bible says, "God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, He changes not." If He can provide for His people in that day, He can most certainly provide for us today. He provided His son for us as a sacrifice for us to have eternal life and not be slaves to sin anymore. So my question today is, what do you need today? Is God your provider? God says in His word, "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added to you." Matt. 6:33 What things are we talking about? If you back up a few verses, Jesus was telling about do not worry about what you will eat, drink, or wear, for the Father knows what you have need of. Jesus was telling the disciples that God will provide our basic needs, but to seek first God and His righteousness (righteous morals, right living according to God's word.) If we make our first priority seeking God and trying to live right according to His word then God will meet our every need according to His riches in glory. 

   What do you need today, God will meet if you will trust in Him and believe like Abraham. Abraham wanted a son and God blessed him with a son so his son was like a treasure to him. Then God says I want you to sacrifice him to Me, I am sure Abraham probably thought but he is my only son, the one that I prayed for and desired for so long. As they traveled up the mountain, he had to believe that God would provide another way. He didn't know how God would provide or when, but he had to believe. You may be in a situation where you need a job, but you don't know how you are going to get a job, God will provide a way. You may be dealing with financial struggles and don't know when the money is going to come or how, God will make a way. Maybe your marriage is falling apart and you can't see a way out or how it's going to be put back together, God will provide a way for your marriage to be whole again. You could be facing a number of things right now and not know how things are going to turn out, that's okay because God is your provider and goes ahead of you and prepares the things that are ahead. 

    I want to encourage you today my friends to lean on and trust God today. God will make a way for you with whatever you are facing today. Praise Him for making a way for you and being your provider. He loves you and He wants you to trust Him like Abraham had to trust God. Abraham didn't understand why God commanded him to sacrifice Isaac, but he was obedient and he trusted Him anyway. I'm sure he had thousands of questions rolling through his mind, but he trusted God anyway. If God has commanded you to do something, be obedient and trust Him and watch Him provide for you like He provided for Abraham. God bless and keep you my friends, I pray that this post encourages you and helps you to press on to see what God has in store for you! In Jesus name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment