Sunday, December 11, 2022

Acceptance and Confidence In God

 Good Morning Friends

Image- Mine

     I hope you are all doing well! I wanted to hop on here and write a blog post that has been on my heart this week. I was thinking about acceptance and confidence this week. Time and time again, I have seen over and over how much we want to be accepted by people. Some even go so far as to change their personalities. Some even lack confidence and do not know who they are. I used to be like this growing up and even in my early twenties. I call this people pleasing and let me tell you, it is not worth trying to please others and you end up being miserable. Sometimes the enemy will lie and say, "Well you're not good enough" or "You're not like this person or that person." On and on again, the lies of the enemy will try to consume our minds and if our mind conceives it, our hearts will believe it and then we start to act upon those lies. Isn't this terrible? It really is, but you know what we do not have to accept the enemy's lies, we do not have to agree with them. In fact, we can break agreement with them. 

      What am I trying to tell us today? I am trying to say, I have been there, done that and guess what, this is not the way God wants us to be or live. He came to set us free from our sins and it's bondages. People pleasing is bondage, it's being captive to other's thoughts and opinions. We are not all the same, we do not think alike and we do not act alike and we have our own opinions and ideas. We have our own likes and dislikes and guess what that is okay! My dear friend and I were talking about this topic yesterday and we were talking about how God made identical twins or triplets and even though they all look alike, there is something different about them whether it be there personality, likes or dislikes, etc. How fascinating is this! That could create people to look exactly the same, but they are different in some way. This proves that God doesn't want us to be the same, He wants us to all be unique. 

     Yesterday, the word confidence kept coming before all day and I was able to listen and talk to sweet and precious friend of mine that told a little of her testimony. I will tell you that she has a beautiful testimony and that God has done so many wonderful things in her life and family. She said that by having a relationship with God, He will give us the confidence we need. Not confidence in ourselves, but in Him. My ears perked up when I heard this because as a child, I have always struggled with confidence. I was the one who was afraid of speaking up or being honest becaue I didn't want anyone to laugh at me or think I was stupid. Can I tell you something, that has all changed now. Now I do not care if I look stupid or if anyone laughs, I speak up on things that are important to me or things that concern me on the job. It feels good to have that confidence in the Lord because you know who has your back and He won't leave you nor reject you.

       Right now in my life, I am walking through a trial that has been testing me for 5 months now. It hasn't been easy at all, in fact, it has been really hard. I have come home many times crying and wanting to quit because I felt as if I were alone in my present circumstances. I have even had several pity parties (hahaha). I can laugh about it now, but before I couldn't. I am learning in this time that I have to place my confidence in the Lord and rely upon His word. I will say that this situation has brought me to my knees over and over again which is a good thing. I have had to keep declaring God's word over this situation and keep believing Him and what He has told me no matter what I face and see every day. 

   So, with all that being said, your acceptance is in God. He has already accepted you dear friends. His acceptance is far more greater than any man's or woman's acceptance of you of this earth. Remember this earth is temporal and so is everything in it. In this circumstance and trial that I am in right now, I do not have anyone backing me up except God. The other day when I was trying to tell one of the higher ups something that concerned me, they acted as if they really didn't care and they didn't want to hear it. Guess what, it's okay because when you are in situations like that, there is Somebody who you can go to who cares for you far better than anyone else can and that is God Almighty. 

    That evening when I got home, I got on my knees before the Lord and presented the situation to Him and I told the Lord, they may not care, but oh Lord, I know You do. This is one of the things that I am learning in this season is when man doesn't want to listen, I can go to God and He will listen to my concerns and He can do something about this situation. Oh how wonderful this is, to know that we have our heavenly Father in heaven who can listen to our concerns and needs and He will move heaven and earth to make a way for us! Now that's confidence in the Lord! Friends, I pray that this encourages you and blesses you today! Whatever you are facing today, know that He is with you and He will back you up 100%! May the Lord bless you and keep you. Shalom, until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment