Sunday, August 8, 2021

Let The Lord Take Over

Good Morning Everyone!

Image- Pinterest


   I hope you are all doing well today! I have a new blog post for you and this is something that I have been learning over the last few days and I wanted to share it with you! Let me ask you a question, do you judge others? What about if they have offended you or harmed you in some way? Were you treated unjustly? Did you want to get them back for what they did to you? I will be honest and say yes to all these questions. Truth be told, we have all been hurt in some way or another, but how are we supposed to deal with the hurt or wound? God gave me the answer this morning and let me tell you it has changed my heart toward others. It also let me know that God does care about our hurts and pain and He wants us to give it over to Him and let Him take over. So I hope you have your cup of coffee or tea with you and without further ado, let's begin!

     So as I said, we have all been hurt or have experienced pain from someone who has hurt us. So, let me ask you another question, do you often complain about the person? Do talk about them and what they have done to you? Do you walk around thinking I haven't done anything to them and I want to give them a piece of my mind when I get the chance? What the Lord revealed to me this morning will change your lives my friends. God doesn't want us to act this way toward the one or ones who have hurt us. The reason is because the Bible says, "Do not get so angry that you sin and do not go to bed mad." Ephesians 4:26 The reason for this is in the next verse, verse 27, "And don't give the devil an opportunity." Now what does this mean? When we become angry about something or what someone did, this gives room for the enemy to come knocking on the door of your heart. Anger is an emotion and we must be careful how we handle our anger because anger is such a strong emotion. So strong that it can cause great damage, so much damage that it can be hard to control. What God's word is telling us that even though we are angry about something or what someone said or did, look to see if we can change anything about what has made us angry. If you cannot change anything about the situation or the person, then let go of your anger and give it over to God. Giving it over to God is letting God know that there is nothing we can do about it, but He can. You see if we go to bed angry and wake up angry about the problem the next day, you have already given satan an opportunity to come in to your life and cause more trouble for you. 

      He will begin putting thoughts of revenge in your mind that shouldn't be there or he will whisper things to you that aren't true. So, God is telling us unless you can do something positive about this problem, your anger will become a besetting sin and before long it will turn into a root of bitterness which takes up a lot of room in your heart. God doesn't want us to walk around mad and angry over what someone has said or done to us. You may be innocent on all accounts, but God doesn't want you to carry anger in your heart. It will do you more harm than good. If you are dealing with anger about what someone has said or done to you, this is how we are to respond. Go to God with your hurt, ask Him to help you to forgive this person or persons that have hurt you. Tell God that this isn't your battle, but Yours and I am giving it over to you because I don't want to be in sin because sin will separate us from the Lord. Give the situation over to God and let Him take over. Don't go around talking about it to your husband or wife, to your coworkers, or your friends because that shows you haven't given it over to God. Let it go, put a smile on your face, and remind yourself that God's got this and I have nothing to worry about because you don't friends. If God be for you, who can be against you? 

     Friends, I want to tell you a story about one of the times that I was hurt. There was one day that I was eating my lunch and reading a book. I had a coworker that came into the lounge and popped off something that wasn't very nice to me. I put my book down and smiled and said, "Are you having a bad day today?" This person looked at me and said, "I guess you could say that." Friends, you never know what other people are dealing with in their personal lives and sometimes they will say something out of anger or bitterness because of whatever has happened in their lives. Our job is not to judge them, talk about them, or complain about them. Our job is to let the offense roll off our back and pray for that person. 

       So friends, I pray that this helped you today, encouraged you, and blessed you! I know it easy to deal with an offense especially if you haven't done anything to anyone. The Lord has been teaching me this for about a year now and I finally received the answer that I have been searching for to handle these problems. I can say that through all the trials that I have been through, it has made me more mature, more stronger in my faith in God, and helped me to help others. That is one of my biggest desires, to help and encourage others. Friends, I pray that the Lord will help you in these situations and that you will let the anger and the offense roll off your backs. I pray that God will make you stronger in your faith and that you become more mature believer. May God bless you and keep you! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment