Sunday, June 27, 2021

Growing In The Lord

 Good Morning Friends!

Image- Mine



   I hope you are doing well on this beautiful Sunday morning! I want to write about growing in the Lord today. This has been on my mind the past two days. I wanted to make sure this is what God wanted me to write about and He gave me confirmation yesterday. Growing in God simply means maturing spiritually. You may be thinking, "Really, you can mature spiritually?" Yes, you can and we're supposed to mature every day as a believer in Christ. So in this blog post, we are going to go over a few things such as: What does it mean to be spiritually mature, how do we grow in the Lord and what happens when we start growing in Him? So before we get started, I hope you have your favorite cup of coffee or tea with you! Let's get started!

    What does it mean to be spiritually mature? Well let's take a look at the definition of the word mature. Mature refers to something or someone that is full grown whether that would be physically, or in behavior and attitude. You are considered well-balanced. Now isn't this interesting, sounds like a scripture out of God's word doesn't it? So let's dig deeper to find out what it means to be spiritually mature. I love what the book of Hebrews has to say, "In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil." Hebrews 5:12-14 

    Now let me ask you a question, do you remember elementary school? Your teacher would teach you basic math, basic spelling, basic grammar, etc. right? Yes they did because when you were in elementary school, it's because you were at the appropriate age to be in those grades. If you were 14 years old and in first grade, that would be kind of questionable wouldn't it? Yes, it would, the school and your parents would be concerned as to why you are 14 years old and on a first grade level. Guess what? It's the same way with God, if you have been saved for 5 plus years then you ought to be growing each and every day. If you haven't matured some over the past however many years, then God is going to have to make you grow. How does He do that? Do you remember growing pains as a child? I remember as a kid, my joints, and limbs hurting and my mother told me that it was growing pains. I asked her, "What is that?" She said, "You are growing and sometimes it's hurts when you start growing." Now for a long time, I thought that she was pulling my leg, but come to find out, it's a real thing. So how do we grow spiritually? By going through some painful experiences and circumstances. I know no one wants to hear that, but it's true, that's how we become spiritually mature in the Lord. 

    The other way of becoming spiritually mature in the Lord is by reading His word. His word is a seed and when it gets planted in our hearts, it begins to grow in us in our thinking, our speech, and our actions. I learned this the other day and it blew my mind and it has given me a new perspective on my circumstances and situations that come my way in my life. No I don't always like them or welcome them, but I know that I have to walk through these circumstances and situations with a godly attitude to grow in Him. Think about a tree, when we see a tree isn't growing, what do we do? We usually cut off the dead part so that it can be able to grow and bear fruit. I'm sure cutting that tree probably hurts, but it has to be done in order for it to bear fruit again. It's the same way with us, Jesus said, "You will know them by their fruit." Matt. 7:16-20 

   So my friends, I know this was a long post and a deep one, but God saw that it was necessary for me to write this truth. I hope that this word blessed you and encouraged you to press on toward what the Lord has for you! Remember growing in God isn't always easy, but it's necessary. He doesn't want us to be baby believers anymore, He wants us to grow more and more in Him every day! I pray that God will help you in your growing pains and give you the godly attitude to help you move through your circumstances and situations that you face. May God bless you and keep you! Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment