Sunday, May 5, 2024

The Keeper of Israel

Good morning everyone,

Image- Pinterest


I hope you are all doing well today. I am doing well, I have just finished the second semester of my schooling and we are just a couple of weeks going home for the Summer. My four-year-olds are ready and I must say so, am I. This school year has really flown by and it's hard to believe that we are wrapping up another year. I look back and see so much growth not only in my children but also in myself. Today, I wanted to hop on here and write about something so near and dear to my heart. I keep up with what is going on in Israel every day and I will be honest, it's hard to listen and watch the news sometimes. The Lord reminded me of a passage of scripture that has allowed me to see this situation from a different perspective and I would love to share it with you. Before we begin, I hope you have your favorite cup of coffee or tea with you. I am drinking a caramel waffle cookie this morning with oat milk and I must say, it is absolutely delicious! Let's begin!

Israel has enemies on all sides of her, but I am amazed at how the Lord always helps her and protects her despite her enemies. In 2 Kings chapter 6 verses 14 through 20, we see Elisha and the servant. Aram sent horses and chariots to surround the city and they had a large army. The servant went outside and came back to Elisha and said, "Master, this is terrible, what are we going to do?" Elisha prayed and asked the Lord that his eyes be opened so that he could see." Then the Lord opened this young man's eyes and he saw before him the mountain was covered with horses and fiery chariots. As the Lord reminded me of this powerful story, the Lord made me realize it does not matter how many are against you, if the Lord is for you then who can be against you. 

The enemy wants us to fear in the natural realm that sometimes we can lose sight of God's word and what He has promised. God's word is so powerful and it does not change, what He said then is still for today. No matter what you face in this life, God is always present and will never forsake His people. Though the enemy rages, the Lord is still on His throne and He will keep us in the palm of His hand no matter what. It says in the word, that when the enemy comes in like a flood, the Lord will lift up a standard against him. He will make him flee if we resist the enemy and keep our eyes upon the One who holds our life in His hands. So, let us continue to pray for Israel and for the hostages to be returned to their families, and let us not forget that He is the keeper of Israel. He who is the keeper of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps. He has given Israel victory in every battle and this is no different, what He has done before, He will do again. Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered! May the Lord bless you and keep you. Shalom.


No comments:

Post a Comment