Sunday, February 18, 2024

The Beauty Of Shabbat

 Hello everyone,

Image- mine

        I hope you are all doing well this morning. It's been a while since I have written a blog post, I have been very busy with school and my job. I wanted to hop on here and write what the Lord has put on my heart the last two days. This past Friday evening began Shabbat or the Sabbath. I have been trying to make an effort to make sure that I observe this special day that the Lord so graciously gave to us. As I was cleaning and preparing for Shabbat on Friday, the Lord made me realize something that I hadn't noticed before. I was preparing the rooms, making sure everything was clean and as I was thinking about Shabbat approaching, I began to prepare my heart. As I was preparing my heart, I felt the peace or shalom overwhelm my heart. It was such a beautiful shalom that surpassed all my understanding. Before I go any further, I hope you have your favorite cup of coffee or tea with you. I am currently drinking peppermint tea because I am dealing with some congestion from the temperatures going up and down. 

    When I think about Shabbat, it is truly a beauty to prepare for each week. As I make the challah each week, it makes me excited for Friday evening, when I pull out the candles, the Kiddish cup, the grape juice, my prayer book, and my Bible. Everything is so beautiful, but the most beautiful is when I prepare my heart before the Lord. When I make an effort to refocus back on Him. That is the whole point of the beautiful day is to bring our focus back on Him. This is true resting in the Lord. I am reminded of what Jesus or Yeshua said, "Come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest." There is beauty in resting, a resting in the Lord that only He can give to us. As I partake of the challah, I am reminded that I need the bread of life which is Yeshua. When I partake of the fruit of the vine or the grape juice, I am reminded that I need Yeshua because He is the vine and I am to abide in Him. 

    When I light the candles and say a blessing over them, I am reminded that I need the Light of the world. Everything points to our Lord and Savior so why not celebrate the day that He ordained as the day of rest, the day to refocus our hearts on Him. Oh, my dear friends, Shabbat is beautiful and holy. It was designed by the hand of the Lord and He wants us to partake, to keep Shabbat as one of His holy days. Pray and ask the Lord about Shabbat and let Him lead and guide you. May the Lord bless you and keep you. Until next time, Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment